by Bill Cushard (@BillCush)
The purpose of this post is to assemble resources shared in the Backchannel at Dockercon, which was held in San Francisco on June 22 and 23, 2015.
What is a backchannel?
A backchannel is the practice of using computers (ok, smartphones mostly) to maintain a real-time, online conversation alongside a primary group activity, event, or conference. Backchannels are mainly used by people who want to participate in a conference without attending the conference. But guess what, it turns out, people at the conference participate, too...sharing resources and their experiences at the conference. People also use it to otherwise connect with each other.
What is curation?
I am not talking about curating art at a gallery, although that is extremely glamorous. I am talking about curating content from a conference using a conference backchannel as a means for following, collecting, and sharing resources about the conference and the conference topic.
Stay tuned as this post will be updated frequently before, during, and after the conference.
Here are those resources:
- Open Container Project under @linuxfoundation to define common specs for container format & runtime
- Docker 1.7: Multi-host #Networking, #DockerPlugins and #Orchestration Updates
- Networking Receives an Upgrade - post by @dave_tucker
- Kitematic for Windows Alpha now available for download!
- Extending Docker with DockerPlugins - post by @ClusterHQ & @weaveworks
- Announcing Docker Compose 1.3, Docker Swarm 0.3, and Docker Machine 0.3 - post by @bfirsh
- Docker's Experimental Binary - blog post by @icecrime
- New Relic: Docker container monitoring is now generally available!
- Container Networking: Challenges & Requirements - by @valealaria from @plumgrid
- EMC Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS) 2.0 is generally available!
- Deploy, manage, & run app components on Bluemix, leveraging Docker
- Want to better understand Docker contaner usage?
- Video: Project Bonneville in a nutshell - by Ben Corrie
Call for Comments
- What did you learn at Dockercon?
- What will you implement as a result of what you learned at Dockercon?